Putting the focus on their competitors’ lack of personal customer service, NYCM Insurance, a century-old property and casualty insurer, developed an integrated campaign emphasizing how people feel about being treated like a number. This effort brought together paid and non-paid media, and place-based messaging.
NYCM Insurance, a regional property and casualty insurer, was under increasing pressure from national insurance companies with household names, multi-million dollar marketing budgets and famous brand icons. They needed to increase market share while remaining true to their agent-based sales model.
In order to maximize the impact of their marketing investment, NYCM first needed to streamline their brand presence and update their logo. Then, their regional focus and commitment to personal service could be turned into a benefit that effectively positioned them against large, impersonal insurance carriers with centralized, phone-based service models.
- Focused all marketing on the parent brand with updated logo and imagery
- Established the positioning with tagline that promised “For You”
- Identified a high-opportunity test market, implementing an integrated campaign featuring digital and traditional advertising, guerilla marketing, paid search and public relations
- The campaign immediately increased leads in the test market:
- 45% lift in website traffic
- 126% increase in online “find an agent” requests
- 127% increase in online applications
- These leads translated into solid business results:
- 10% lift in the number of quotes generated
- 15% increase in policies written
Kilgannon has focused our brand, message and
marketing activity, whileestablishing the tracking metrics
that have proved the ROI of those investments.
– Jeremy J. Robinson, VP/Marketing, NYCM Insurance
NYCM street team event in Rochester, New York
NYCM radio campaign